The Le Roys Bush Management Committee works closely with the Parks Department of Auckland Council to support the following projects in the Le Roys Bush and Little Shoal Bay reserves:
- Ecological management within the reserve to preserve native biodiversity
- Beyond the Fence – working with neighbours on invasive pest plants & animals
- Walking tracks and linkages with other bush reserves
- Public education to help people understand and enjoy the reserve
- Stream, native fish and gecko protection – with local schools and stakeholders
How can you help?
Many of us find working in the bush a very rewarding way to learn more about our native environment, to enjoy working in the open air and to return something to our local community.
If you’d like to get our newsletters or to help in any way, please see our website or get in touch